- 284ml carton whipping cream
- 200g bar white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 400-500g punnet strawberries
- Skewers or cocktail sticks, to serve
- Before going camping or on the picnic, pour the whipping cream into a pan and bring it to the boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate, then stir until the chocolate melts. Stir in vanilla extract to taste. Leave the cream mixture to cool.
- Pour the mixture into a wide-necked jam-jar or similar container, then seal the jar. The mixture can be kept chilled for up to 3-4 days.
- To serve, tip the white chocolate sauce into a serving bowl. Stick skewers or cocktail sticks into the strawberries to dip them into the sauce, then eat them immediately.
Recipes and food stylist: Sue McMahon. Photos: Simon Pask.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 574(kcal)
- Fat 45.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.