Prep time:+ decorating time
Get the kids to bake with these easy-to-make and fun Moo-sli bars with oats, sultanas and chocolate chips.
- 275g (10oz) rolled porridge oats
- 25g (1oz) white chocolate chips
- 25g (1oz) plain chocolate chips
- 50g (2oz) sultanas
- 50g (2oz) dried coconut
- 225g (8oz) butter
- 175g (7oz) demerara sugar
- 75g (3oz) golden syrup
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, chocolate chips, sultanas and coconut. 2. In a small saucepan, place the butter, sugar and syrup, and melt together gently 3. Pour the melted syrupy mixture into oats and stir together until all ingredients are well coated. 4. Spoon into a non-stick or greased and lined tin (30 x 20 x 2andfrac12;cm tin) and flatten out the mixture until smoothed into all the corners of the tray . 5. Place in a hot preheated oven at 160C (325F /gas mark 3) for about 25-30 mins until the mixture is golden brown 6. Allow to cool and then cut into bars while still warm . 7. Decorate as Moos. Using white fondant icing, take small balls of icing, roll and then flatten to make an eye ball. Take a smaller ball of black fondant icing to make the inner eye and Moo ears. Place these onto the bars and store in an airtight container.