Chicken satay lettuce wraps
Skill level: Easy peasy
Looking for something different to chuck on the barbie? Try these delicious Thai-style wraps made with marinated chicken.
- Satay sauce
- 100ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 pack small chicken fillets
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 3 inches of cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
If you want to use a whole packet of tortilla wraps, simply double the ingredients to make enough for 4 people.
- In a bowl, mix half the coconut milk with the Thai green curry paste and vegetable oil, then add the chicken fillets and marinate for 30 mins.
- Skewer the chicken and place on a pre-heated barbecue, making sure you constantly baste the chicken with the remaining coconut milk so that it remains moist.
- Shred the lettuce leaves and spoon them with the cucumber sticks onto the tortilla wraps.
- When cooked through, put the chicken onto the wraps mixure, drizzle with the satay sauce and roll up.