Chocolate rocky road cheesecake
Serves: 6 - 8
Prep time:(plus chilling time)
Total time:(no cooking involved!)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Chocolate rocky road cheesecake is the ultimate treat if you love rocky road and chocolate - two of the best sweet treats in the world! Chocolate in the base, chocolate in the filling and chocolate on top - what's not to love? This amazing rocky road cheesecake recipe is very quick to make - only 35 minutes excluding chilling time - and it's incredibly easy as well so you don't need to be an expert in the kitchen. You’ll need chocolate chip cookies, miniature pink marshmallows and lots of chocolate, as well as the other usual ingredients you need to make cheesecake. This no-bake chocolate rocky road cheesecake is perfect if you've got lots of people round for a party or gathering, feeding up to 8 people. Because you can prepare this cheesecake quite ahead of serving it, this recipe is great if you want to have something ready in the fridge for when guests arrive, leaving you with a lot of extra time to get ready or just be a bit more relaxed. If you're really a hardcore chocolate fan, make this cheesecake extra naughty and serve with a drizzle of cream or chocolate sauce. Trust us, the calories will be worth it!
- 6 chocolate-covered chocolate biscuit bars (e.g Rocky)
- 150g chocolate chip cookies
- 50g unsalted butter
- 7g (4 sheets) leaf gelatin
- 60ml cold water
- 500g cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 75g miniature pink marshmallows
- 75g dried sour cherries
- 200ml double cream
- 25g plain chocolate, to decorate
You can swap or add in any of your favourite ingredients to step 6 like nuts, raisins or honeycomb
- Either crush the cookies in a blender, or place in a strong polythene bag and beat with a rolling pin to reduce the biscuits to crumbs.
- Melt the butter and combine with the cookie crumbs. Press mixture into bottom of 20cm/8 inch spring-form cake tin. Chill in fridge.
- In a small saucepan, put the gelatin with the 60ml water and soak for 10 mins to soften then stir over low heat until dissolved. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate biscuit bars into small chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Fold in chopped biscuits, marshmallows and cherries. Lightly whip the cream until softly peaking then fold into the mixture. Spoon evenly over the base then chill until firm.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top.
Try our Rocky Road Cheesecake recipe too!