Gordon Ramsay's herb omelette
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Quick, healthy and easy! Top chef Gordon Ramsay shows you how to serve up the perfect veggie omelette.
- 8 - 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- Handful of mixed herbs, such as flatleaf parsley, chives and chervil, chopped
- Halve the cherry tomatoes or cut into quarters and place in a bowl. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick omelette pan and tip in the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and fry over a medium heat for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes are just soft but still retaining their shape.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl in the meantime. Scatter the chopped herbs over the tomatoes, then pour in the beaten eggs. Quickly stir and shake the pan to distribute the eggs and ensure they cook evenly. When they are almost set, take the pan off the heat.
- Fold the omelette, using a heatproof spatula to lift one edge and tipping the pan slightly to make it easier to fold over. Slide onto a warm plate and serve immediately.
Make Gordon Ramsay's herb omelette with our step-by-step picture galleryGordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite is available from Amazon.co.uk, priced £9.92.