Skinnier cooked breakfast
Love cooked breakfasts - but wish they were healthier? They are if you do them this way!
- 2 good quality pork sausages
- 2 large field mushrooms, peeled if necessary and stalks trimmed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 large tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices Parma ham
- Toasted soda bread, to serve
- Preheat the grill until hot.
- Fill a large, deep frying pan with boiling water and bring to the boil.
- Cut the skin off the sausages, remove the sausage meat and form into four patties. Season the mushrooms, brush with the oil and place on the grill pan with the sausage patties. Cook near the top of the grill for 4 minutes.
- Turn the sausages and mushrooms and grill for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, carefully crack the eggs into the boiling water and reduce the heat so that the water barely moves. Poach the eggs for 4 to 5 minutes until the whites are set, but the yolks are still soft.
- While the eggs are cooking, return to the grill and remove the sausages and mushrooms and keep warm. Season the tomatoes, place on the grill pan and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan until hot.
- Remove the eggs one at a time with a fish slice and drain any excess liquid on to a piece of kitchen towel before placing one on each plate.
- Dry-fry the Parma ham slices in the hot frying pan for 1 minute each side and divide between the plates along with the sausage patties, mushrooms and tomatoes. Serve immediately with the toasted soda bread.
This recipe is from "Cook Yourself Thin": The Delicious Way to Drop a Dress Size from Amazon, priced £5.99
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 472(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.