Pork kebabs with nectarines in pancetta
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins or 750g (1½lb) boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and sinew, cut into 4cm (1½in) cubes
- 2 large nectarines
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 8 slices of pancetta, stretched a little and halved
- In a large, shallow dish, mix the brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger. Add the cubes of pork and use your hands to mix it in and coat the meat well. Cover pork and leave to marinate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, thread the pork cubes on to 8 of the metal skewers. Cook on a griddle or barbecue for 3-4 minutes each side.
- While the pork is cooking, halve and stone the nectarines and cut each half into 4 wedges. Sprinkle them with the lime juice, then wrap half a slice of pancetta around each piece. Put them on the 2 remaining skewers and grill them or pan-fry them in a little butter and oil until just browned. Serve kebabs with watercress, if you like.
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 491(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.