Crab and mango salad
- 1 large-ish firm but ripe mango
- ½ cucumber
- 12 small radishes, trimmed
- 4 handfuls of fresh watercress
- About 12 mint leaves and a few small shoots
- 2 x 100g packs fresh white crabmeat
- Lime wedges to serve
- A few fresh coriander leaves, optional
For the dressing:
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp groundnut oil
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 1tsp honey
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Halve the mango lengthways each side of the stone then cut the flesh away from the skin and cut the mango into thin slices.
- Halve the cucumber, scoop out the seeds and then slice the flesh. Slice the radishes thinly.
- Arrange the watercress sprigs on four plates with the cucumber, mango and slivers of mint leaves. Spoon the crabmeat on top.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and spoon over the salad. Serve with lime wedges or 'cheeks'.
Recipes: Kate Moseley. Photos: Simon Pask. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 184(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.