Ham and mustard bites
- 150g (5oz) wafer-thin ham, shredded4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1-2tbsp chopped fresh dill or flat-leaf parsley
- 4 large eggs
- 150ml carton double cream
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18cm (7in) square, shallow tin, lined with baking parchment
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Place the shredded ham, chopped spring onion and dill or parsley in the lined tin.
- Lightly beat together the eggs, cream, mustard and seasoning and pour over the ingredients in the tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 mins, or until a light golden colour and just set in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. When cold, chill well in the fridge.
- To serve, carefully remove from the tin and peel away the baking parchment. Cut into squares and arrange them on a plate.
Per piece: 53 calories; 5g fat Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: www.frankthephotographer.com Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 53(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.