Wholewheat pasta with cheese sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
An easy supper dish you can rustle up in 10 minutes: tasty wholewheat pasta in a homemade cheese sauce
- 300g wholewheat fusilli or penne pasta
- 50g butter
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 568ml semi skimmed milk
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g wholemeal breadcrumbs
Roast off 250g cherry tomatoes drizzled with a little olive oil for 15 minutes and stir into the pasta with the cheese sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour, cook gently for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring until thickened and stir in the cheese until melted, season to taste. Stir into the pasta and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and place under a preheated grill until golden.
- Serve with a fresh crispy green salad.
Top tip: Roast off 250g cherry tomatoes drizzled with a little olive oil for 15 minutes and stir into the pasta with the cheese sauce.www.wholegraingoodness.com