These tasty mushrooms are quick to make and perfect for vegetarians
- 30ml (2tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 450g (1lb) mixed open and closed cup mushrooms
- 1 (400g) can chick peas, drained
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 45ml (3tbsp) harissa paste
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 45ml (3tbsp) chopped flat parsley
- couscous, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat for 4 mins. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a further 5 mins until the mushrooms are browned.
- Stir in the chick peas, tomatoes, harissa paste and lemon juice. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 8 mins. Remove the lid and season to taste.
- Mix the lemon zest and parsley together. Serve the mushrooms with couscous and a scattering of the lemon and parsley.
- Calories 177(kcal)
- Fat 9.4g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Sugars 4.5g
- Salt 0.8g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.