Savoury banana drop scone pancakes with cream cheese and chive
These unusual pancake-style scones mix the sweetness of bananas with the savoury taste of soft cheese and herbs - delicious!
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 2 large, very green bananas, peeled and mashed
- 25g onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic (optional), crushed
- A pinch of dry oregano
- A pinch of dry thyme
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- Oil for frying, as required
- 1 small pack vegetarian Philadelphia-style soft cheese
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Handful of fresh chives, chopped
- Make the cream cheese and chive topping by mixing the soft cheese with a little milk and fresh chopped chives, to a thick, pouring consistency.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together to make the scones.
- Heat the oil, then drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and fry until set.
- Serve piping hot with lashings of the cream cheese and chives topping.