Salsa baked potatoes with chilli
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give good old jacket potatoes a Mexican kick with this tasty chilli con carne filling and a colourful tomato salsa topping.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 x 500g jar mild or medium chilli con carne sauce
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Put the potatoes on to the top shelf in the oven and bake for 1 hr, or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a large frying pan and add the minced beef, a handful at a time, cooking it until seared and browned. Tip in the jar of chilli con carne sauce, stir well, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, celery and parsley. Season.
- Split open the jacket potatoes and fill them with the chilli mixture. Spoon the salsa on top, then serve at once.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 489(kcal)
- Fat 13.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.