Gordon Ramsay's farfalle with bacon, peas and sage
Skill level: Easy peasy
Gordon Ramsay's recipe for easy, creamy pasta is a big hit with his kids - they insist on having it for tea once a week!
- 400g dried farfalle
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g bacon lardons or 8 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300ml double cream
- 150g peas, thawed if frozen
- 60g freshly grated parmesan, plus extra to sprinkle
- Small handful each of sage and flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Tip in the farfalle and cook according to packet instructions until the pasta is al dente.
- Heat the oil in another pan and add the bacon. Fry over high heat for 3 - 4 minutes until the bacon is golden brown. Add the garlic and fry for a minute. Pour in the cream and bring to the boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes until reduced and thickened slightly. Tip in the peas, bring back to a simmer and cook for another 3- 4 minutes. Stir the grated parmesan into the sauce, then taste and adjust the seasoning.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander and immediately tip into the sauce. Add the herbs, then toss the pasta until well coated with the creamy sauce. Divide among warm plates and sprinkle over a little more parmesan to serve.
This recipe is taken from Gordon Ramsay's Cooking for Friends, available from Amazon, RRP £25, currently priced £12.50.