Kale risotto with parmesan
Skill level: Easy peasy
This delicious veggie risotto is easy to make - just toss in the the leafy dark cabbage and parmesan at the end
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 350g risotto rice
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 1 ltr chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g shredded kale
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and fry for 1 minute. Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Gradually add the stock a little at a time until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, which will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the kale for 5 minutes and add to the risotto with the Parmesan. Stir well and serve with roasted chicken.