Crispy potato skins
- 4-5 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 100ml (3½ floz) crème fraîche
- 1 level tablespoon hot horseradish sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 smoked peppered mackerel fillets
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Scrub the potatoes and prick the surface with a fork. Place them in the centre of the oven and cook for about 1½ hours or until they are tender.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut each one into 6-8 wedges. Scoop out the centre of each wedge, leaving about 1cm (½ in) of potato behind in each skin. Place the skins, cut-side up, on a baking tray. Reserve the scooped-out centres to use in another recipe.
- Brush the olive oil over the cut surface of the potatoes and then return them to the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the potato starts to turn golden.
- Mix together the crème fraîche, horseradish sauce and seasoning. Break or cut the smoked mackerel fillets into strips.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven. Spoon some horseradish crème fraîche on to each and top with smoked mackerel. Serve immediately.
Photos: Simon Pask. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 364(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.