Lemon sole with Italian bean salad
- 4 x 175g (6oz) lemon sole filletsSalt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 15g (½oz) butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Italian bread, to serve, optional
For the bean salad:
- 400g can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp good-quality olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
You could steam the fish for a lower-fat option. Chop up larger tomatoes, if you don't have baby plums.
- To make the bean salad: put the beans in a bowl and mix in the onion, tomatoes and parsley. Add the oil and squeeze in the juice from 2 wedges of the lemon.
- Coat the fish on both sides in seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Heat half the butter and half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the fish fillets, skin-side down, in 2 batches. Fry for 2 minutes, then turn them over and fry for a further minute or two.
- Put the fish on to 4 warm plates and spoon the bean salad over. Serve with a lemon wedge, sliced, and bread, if you like.
Top tip: You could steam the fish for a lower-fat option. Chop up larger tomatoes, if you don't have baby plums.Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 367(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.