Prosciutto-wrapped monkfish with warm lentil salad
- 4 x 140g (4½oz) monkfish fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 200g (7oz) puy lentils
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) fresh spinach, chopped if large leaves
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2-3 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- A handful of basil leaves, whole or shredded
To make sweet potato wedges, cut 2 unpeeled sweet potatoes into wedges, toss in 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil and roast at Gas Mark 6 or 200°C for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle the monkfish with half the lemon juice and lots of pepper, then wrap each piece in a slice of prosciutto, halved lengthways, as best you can. Chill on a plate until ready to cook.
- Cook the lentils according to the pack instructions and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill and an ovenproof frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the pan, then put the wrapped monkfish in and cook for 2 minutes without turning them over. Place the pan under a medium-heat grill to crisp the prosciutto and cook the monkfish through (around 5-7 minutes). Alternatively, do all the cooking in the frying pan without using the grill.
- Drain the lentils, season well, add the rest of the lemon juice to taste and the olive oil. Stir in the spinach and let it wilt down a little. Add the herbs and spoon the mixture on to a serving platter. Place the monkfish on top.
- Serve with roasted sweet potato wedges, if you like (see below).
Top tip: To make sweet potato wedges, cut 2 unpeeled sweet potatoes into wedges, toss in 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil and roast at Gas Mark 6 or 200°C for 30-40 minutes. Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 363(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.