Phil Vickery's easy apple and sultana teabread
A wonderful treat with an afternoon cup of tea - deliciously moist teabread from top chef Phil Vickery
- 25g porridge oats
- 50g Muscovado sugar
- 2 medium Bramley apples, cored, peeled and grated
- 6 tbsp apple juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 115g self raising flour
- 115g sultanas
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the oats and sugar into a bowl, add the grated apple, juice and oil, mix well and then leave for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour, sultanas, baking powder, mixed spice and egg and mix well, but carefully.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 1lb loaf tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- When cool, slice and serve with a smidgeon of olive oil spread (if that?s allowed!).