Video recipe: Brussels sprouts with bacon, almonds and cream
Brussels sprouts with bacon, almonds and cream is a luxurious but incredibly simple way of serving sprouts. Follow along in our easy step-by-step how to video to see how it's done. These sprouts are coated in the amazing flavours of smoked bacon, almonds, lemon zest and double cream which makes them a real treat - the perfect addition to your Christmas lunch buffet. Christmas is all about indulging a little more than you normally would, and this is the perfect recipe that goes that extra little bit to make something super special. If you're cooking for vegetarians, you can either make them all without the bacon, or simply make a small batch of them without it for those guests that won't be eating meat.
You can also try making this recipe with whole blanched chestnuts.
- 300g sprouts
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g smoked bacon, diced
- 10g flaked almonds
- 100ml double cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim the sprouts and drop into boiling water. Simmer until nearly cooked and then drain.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan. Add the bacon and almonds, and sauté until brown.
- Add the sprouts and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then add the double cream and lemon zest.
- Return to the heat and cook for 4 minutes until the cream has reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a dash of lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.