Spiced lamb balls
For the lamb balls:
- 500g (1lb) minced lamb1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 2 level tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the yogurt dressing:
- 2-3 level tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 200ml carton natural Greek yogurt
- 8 small pitta breads, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
These can be prepared a day in advance, up to the end of step 2. Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C.
- To make the lamb balls: Tip the lamb into a bowl, add rest of ingredients and mix together well. Divide mixture into 24. Shape into balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the lamb balls in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are an even golden colour. Remove them from the oven and turn them out on to absorbent kitchen paper to drain them.
- While the lamb balls are cooking, make the dressing by stirring the chopped mint into the yogurt.
- Split the pitta breads open and place some lettuce into each. Top with 3 lamb balls and spoon over some of the dressing. Serve immediately.
Top tip: These can be prepared a day in advance, up to the end of step 2. Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge until ready to cook. Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: frankthephotographer.com. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 270(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.