Apricot and raisin flapjacks
Skill level: Easy peasy
Learn how to make these moreish apricot and raisin flapjacks. They're so simple and make the perfect packed lunch box filler or snack during the day. You can't go wrong with sticky, moreish flapjacks - especially when they're this delicious mix of coconut, apricots and raisins. This recipe makes 16 flapjacks - perfect for sharing or spreading out over the week. It'll take only 45 mins to whip up a batch of these flapjacks; 15 mins prep and 35 mins baking time. The chewy apricots and sweet raisins make a great flapjack filling.
- 115g (4oz) sunflower spread
- 115g (4oz) golden syrup
- 55g (2oz) soft brown sugar
- 175g (6oz) rolled oats
- 55g (2oz) dessicated coconut
- 55g (2oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 55g (2oz) raisins
- Grease an 18cm (7") square shallow tin.
- Melt the sunflower spread, syrup and sugar together in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the rolled oats, desiccated coconut, apricots and raisins.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4 for 30-35 mins.
- Cut into 16 pieces and leave in tin until cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 154(kcal)
- Fat 7.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.