Annabel Karmel's fruity chicken curry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Simple to make and tasty, this is the perfect curry for everyone - kids will love its delicious mild, fruity flavour. This easy curry recipe serves two, so it makes a lovely week night recipe or treat at the weekend if you want to recreate a takeaway recipe at home. Packed with flavour thanks to the fruity additions like apple and mango chutney, combined with chunky veg like carrots and frozen peas. This chicken curry recipe is really easy to make and takes just ten minutes to prepare, so it’s a really quick lovely curry recipe to try this week.
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot cut into matchsticks (75g)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts (350g) cut into bite sized chunks
- 1tbsp korma curry paste
- ½ tbsp mango chutney
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 100g (¾ cup) frozen peas
- 150ml/5 fl oz coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 150ml boiling water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add some baby swetcorn if you like. The curry is great served with poppadums and fluffy white rice.
- To make this chicken curry recipe, heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and sauté the onion and carrot for 3 mins. Add the garlic and sauté for half a minute. Then add the apple and stir fry for 3 mins. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 4 mins.
- Add the korma curry paste, mango chutney, tomato purée, frozen peas, coconut milk and chicken stock and simmer for about 10 mins. Season to taste.
Top tip: Add some baby swetcorn if you like. The curry is great served with poppadums and fluffy white rice.Annabel Karmel's new tasty World Food range for children 4+ is available in Sainsbury's and Tesco's from January.