Annabel Karmel's Thai chicken soup
Prep time:(10-15 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Even kids will love this delicious coconut and chill-flavoured chicken soup. It's easy to make, filling and a great family supper.
- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 150g chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (bash the garlic first to make it easier to peel)
- Half red chilli, finely chopped (approx 1tbsp)
- 1 chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 100g broccoli
- 600ml chicken stock
- 300ml coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 150g cooked rice (40g uncooked weight)
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic and chilli for 2 mins. Add the strips of chicken and sauté for 2 more mins.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Add the broccoli and chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 mins. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for 2 mins.
- Season to taste stir in the cooked rice and heat through.
Annabel Karmel's new tasty World Food range for children 4+ is available in Sainsbury's and Tesco's from January.