Lesley Waters' raspberry and banana muffins
Cooking time:(plus cooling)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Nothing beats homemade muffins! Try this gorgeous batch of raspberry and banana ones, from top chef Lesley Waters
- 225g/8oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g/1¾ oz caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 50ml/2 fl oz olive oil
- 200ml/7 fl oz lacto-free raspberry yogurt
- 85g/3oz raspberries
- 2 small bananas chopped
The secret to a light muffin is don't over-mix the ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly grease 12 wells of a non-stick muffin tin.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
- In a measuring jug, mix together the eggs, oil and yogurt. Pour this mixture into the flour and sugar mixture and gently mix together until just combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and banana chunks.
- With a spoon, divide the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing. Best served warm.