Chilli and pepper buttered steak
Prep time:plus chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
This simple chilli and pepper buttered steak recipe is ready in just 10 minutes. This tasty steak dish is perfect for a romantic dinner for two for Valentine's Day or if you fancy something a little different midweek. This recipe serves 2 people. The tender cut of beef steak is infused with a thick, rich sauce made with chilli, peppercorns, butter and wholegrain mustard. It certainly packs a punch and will make sure your steak is bursting with flavour in each bite. This delicious cut of meat is best served with rice or new potatoes and plenty of freshly cooked greens including spinach, kale and tenderstem broccoli. This recipe is best made and eaten on the same day. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- 50g butter, softened
- ½ tsp chopped chilli in oil
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
- 2 sirloin steaks (175g each, trimmed)
- Mix together the butter, chilli, mustard and pepper until well blended, season with a little salt. Using a small sheet of baking parchment, roll the butter into a small cylinder and chill well.
- Meanwhile, griddle the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side for a medium result or until desired (adjust timing for rare and well done). Slice the butter into discs and place on top of the steak and serve with a salad or seasonal vegetables.