Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Per serving: 585 calories, 23g fat
Costs: £1.26 per serving
70g pack salami (preferably salami Milano), cut into strips
250g pack chestnut mushrooms, sliced
250g tub mascarpone cheese
45ml/3 tbsp dry white wine or water
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
100g/4oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins or according to packet instructions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan and when hot, add the salami and fry over a medium heat, for 4-5 mins or until crisp and the fat has come out the salami. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the salami to a plate.
3. Return the pan to the heat, add the mushrooms to the salami oil and sauté over a medium heat for 6-8 mins stirring occasionally until nicely browned.
4. Add the mascarpone with the wine or water, nutmeg and seasoning to the pan, then cook gently, stirring until the sauce is smooth.
5. Drain the pasta in a colander and tip into the sauce with the salami. Cook over a low heat until the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve in bowls with plenty of Parmesan cheese on top.
Check out Gino's easy step-by-step video:
Video recipe: Smoked trout pate
Gino D'Acampo's pappardelle with dolcelatte
More celebrity chef recipes
Where to next?
Pasta recipes - choose from over 100
Six ways to eat for more energy
Send us your recipes and we'll publish the best!
Save money on food with our coupons. Simply cut them out and take them to the shops with you.