Gino D'Acampo's mushroom and rocket frittata
A great option for kids' packed lunches - or a light lunch for yourself - this delicious Italian omelette is packed with goodness
- 45ml/3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and finely sliced
- 250g pack portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 100g pack baby button mushrooms, sliced
- 70g bag rocket
- 50g/2oz drained sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 100g/4oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 25g/1 oz freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rocket salad to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/190ºC Fan/gas mark 5. Oil and base line a 20cm/8in round tin - don't use a loose-based tin or the egg will pour out the base. Place on a baking sheet.
- Heat 30ml/2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté over a high heat for 5-6 mins or until they begin to brown. Stir in the leeks and sauté for a further 2-3 mins or until tender. Remove from the heat, add the rocket, tomatoes, feta and plenty of ground black pepper. Spoon into the prepared tin.
- Beat the eggs with a little seasoning then pour over the mushroom mix in the tin. Scatter over the grated cheese and bake for 25-30 mins or until the egg has set and the top is golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, before removing from the tin and serving in wedges with a little more rocket.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 346(kcal)
- Fat 28.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.