Super-quick mushroom tagliatelle
Skill level: Easy peasy
The perfect vegetarian comfort food for winter: a cheesy, creamy pasta dish from top chef Silvana Franco
- 350g/12 oz tagliatelle
- A knob of butter
- 15ml/1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 (250g) packs chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 4 large, free range eggs
- 1 (300ml) carton single cream (or 1(300ml) carton of half fat cream for a slimmer option)
- 75g/3 oz Parmesan, freshly grated
- 45ml/3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for about 10 mins or according to packet instructions, until 'al dente'.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a large frying pan then sizzle the garlic for 30 secs, before adding the mushrooms. Cook over a high heat for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are nicely browned. Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Lightly beat together the eggs and cream, stir in the Parmesan and seasoning.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, return to the pan, and stir in the egg mixture, garlic mushrooms and chives and toss together well. The heat from the pasta will lightly thicken the sauce.
- Divide between two bowls and serve with Parmesan if liked.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 600(kcal)
- Fat 26.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.