Makes: About 400g
Cooking time:cooling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Enjoy the taste of childhood with this delicious traditional homemade sweet. Eat it on its own or add it to ice cream.
- 140g liquid glucose
- 400g sugar
- 75g clear honey
- 2tbsp baking soda
- 5tbsp water
Liquid glucose is widely available in most large supermarkets.
- Firstly, line a baking tray (a shallow one if you have it) with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan (heavy-based ones are best), put the liquid glucose, honey, sugar and water. Heat the mixture gently and stir from time to time until you see the sugar dissolving.
- Turn up the heat and let the mixture cook until you see it transform into a light golden colour.
- When it changes colour, blend in the baking soda - you'll see the mixture turn into a foaming mass and at this point, pour it into the parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Let the mixture cool for about an hour. When it has cooled, break up the honeycomb using the end of a rolling pin. You can store the honeycomb in an airtight jar until you need it.
Cook's tip: Liquid glucose is widely available in most large supermarkets.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!