Pork or turkey satay sticks
- 1-1.25kg (2¼-2¾lb) pork fillet/turkey breast, cut into 90 cubes
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 4tbsp light soy sauce
- 4tsbp lemon juice
- 5tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Finely chopped fresh red chilli and fresh coriander, to garnish
- Short bamboo skewers
Check out which meat is cheaper, pork or turkey, or buy a mixture of both to cut the cost. Per stick63 calories, 3g fat
- Mix the oil, 2tbsp soy sauce and 2tbsp lemon juice in a bowl. Place the meat cubes in the mixture and leave to marinate for an hour or so.
- Thread 3 pieces of meat on each bamboo skewer. In a pan, heat the rest of the soy sauce and lemon juice with the peanut butter, garlic and 8tbsp hot water, stirring until smooth.
- Grill, or griddle, the skewers for about 6 mins, turning them so that they brown all over.
- Brush with hot sauce and garnish with chilli and coriander. Serve more of the sauce in a bowl.
Cook's tip: Check out which meat is cheaper, pork or turkey, or buy a mixture of both to cut the cost. Per stick: 63 calories, 3g fat Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 63(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.