Gino D'Acampo's white ragu rigatoni
Skill level: Bit of effort
Try this flavoursome pasta dish from Gino D'Acampo made with beef and smoked pancetta in a tasty mascarpone cheese, nutmeg and parsley sauce.
- 500g dry rigatoni pasta
- 400g minced beef
- 100g smoked diced pancetta
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 50g salted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 100g freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
Keep up with Gino D'Acampo's I'm A Celebrity antics here!
- To make the white ragu sauce, use a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and the butter and fry the onion, celery, carrot and pancetta for approximately 10 mins on a moderate heat until softened and golden.
- Add the beef and mix well allowing the minced meat to crumble. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat has browned for approximately 10 mins.
- Pour in the wine and cook until evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and add the stock. Lower the heat and simmer, without the lid on, for 30 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Mix in the mascarpone, parsley and nutmeg and allow to rest for 10 mins.
- In the meantime, in a large saucepan, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and add immediately to the sauce.
- On a high heat, mix the white ragu sauce and the pasta together with a wooden spoon for approx 1 min. Serve immediately with plenty of grated parmesan on top.