Pepperoni and sweetcorn tarts
Skill level: Easy peasy
Easy to make, these pepperoni, sweetcorn and tomato-filled tarts are topped with oozy mozzarella cheese.
- 318g packet/6 rounds puff pastry, thawed (e.g. Jus Rol)
- 6tbsp ready-made tomato sauce e.g Bruschetta topping or stir-in sauce
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- 140g sliced pepperoni
- 9 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 2 x 125g balls mozzarrella cheese, drained and diced
Add some torn basil leaves if you have any.
- Heat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7). Place the rounds of pastry onto baking trays and with the point of a sharp knife, score a narrow border on each so the outer edge will rise during cooking. Lightly prick each base with a fork.
- Spread the sauce over the base of the tarts, scatter over the sweetcorn, then randomly add the pepperoni slices, cherry tomatoes and finally add the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins until the pastry has risen, is crisp and the cheese has melted.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 419(kcal)
- Fat 27.0g
- Saturates 14.0g
- Sugars 5.5g
- Salt 1.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.