Weight Watchers white chocolate cake
Skill level: Bit of effort
This Weight Watchers white chocolate cake recipe will be popular with all the family, and is a great treat to have without ruining your diet. This delicious cake takes only 45 mins to make and serves 10 people. It's the perfect showstopper for friends and family to admire. Plus once they know it's guilt-free too, they'll be going back for a second slice! A soft vanilla sponge made with low-fat margarine and a light and creamy white chocolate filling and topping, made with low-fat soft cheese, you just can't go wrong! Serve with heaps of fresh berries including raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or strawberries. Drizze in cream if you're serving as a dessert - it is a treat after all!
For the sponge
- 100g (3 1/2oz) low fat polyunsaturated margarine
- 100g (3 1/2oz) caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) self raising flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons skimmed milk
- a pinch of salt
For the filling
- 50g (1 3/4oz) white cooking chocolate
- 150g (5 1/2oz) low fat soft cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 200g (7oz) raspberries
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3/160oc/fan oven 140oc. Lightly spray two 18cm (7 inch) cake tins with low fat cooking spray and line them with baking parchment.
- Place all the sponge ingredients together in a mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes, using an electric whisk, until pale and fluffy. Divide between the prepared cake tins and spread out evenly. Bake for 18-20 mins until risen and springy to the touch. Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make 10g (1/4oz) white chocolate shavings to top the cake, and set aside in the fridge.
- Break up the remaining chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of gently simmering water until melted. Cool slightly, then beat in the soft cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Chill in the fridge until needed.
- To assemble the cake, spread half the white chocolate frosting over one layer of sponge and gently press in the raspberries. Top with the second sponge and spread the remaining frosting on top. Scatter the white chocolate shavings over the cake. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Weight Watchers points per recipe: 36 1/2
This recipe is taken from Weight Watchers Cook Smart Baking, available from Amazon