Weight Watchers brownies
Prep time:plus 15 mins cooling
Skill level: Bit of effort
These Weight Watchers brownies are delicious! The perfect low-fat dessert or guilt-free treat with a cuppa. These brownies are easy to make and tasty too. These Weight Watchers brownies are sweetened with apple sauce and flavoured with cocoa powder, making them a big treat with little calories. This recipe makes 12 generous sized brownies. To make a batch of brownies it will take 40 mins to prepare and cook. Sunflower oil and apple sauce make these brownies lower in sugar and fat. Add a rich chocolate flavour and you've got one delicious batch of brownies. No one will ever know they're guilt-free!
- Low fat cooking spray
- 75g (2 3/4oz) self raising flour
- 50g (1 3/4oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 6 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflour oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 15g (1/2oz) chopped walnuts
If you don't have a non stick pan, it is advisable to line your tin with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180oc/fan oven 160oc. Spray a 20cm (8 inch) square non stick baking pan with the low fat cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt, stirring together to mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, sugar, apple sauce, oil and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until just blended. Take care not to over mix, or the brownies will not rise.
- Transfer the cake mixture to the baking pan and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Bake in the centre of the oven until just set- about 25 mins. A toothpick or skewer inserted in the centre of the cake should come out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 15 mins, then cut into 12 rectangles.
Weight Watchers points per recipe: 26 1/2
This recipe is taken from Weight Watchers Cook Smart Baking, available from Amazon