Weight Watchers blueberry cookies
Cooking time:(may need an extra 3 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
If youíre looking for an afternoon snack or something to satiate that sweet tooth this week but donít want anything too bad for you, give these Weight Watchers cookies a go Ė perfect for a guilt-free snack with your afternoon cup of tea. The recipe uses fresh blueberries, which are dubbed a superfood thanks to their high content of vitamin C, folate and potassium as well as dietary fibre. These American style cookies from Weight Watchers will be a hit with the kids, and at just 83 calories each, you can enjoy them without a hint of guilt. Whatís more, they only take just over half an hour to prep and bake, so itís a really quick way to get your treat fix sorted.
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) low-fat polyunsaturated margarine
- 5tbsp artificial sweetener
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence or extract
- Pinch of salt
- 175g (6 oz) self raising flour, sifted
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 150g (5 1/2 oz) fresh blueberries
This recipe is taken from Weight Watchers Cook Smart Baking, available from Amazon
Weight Watchers points per cookie = 1 ½
- To make this superfood recipe, preheat the oven to 180ļC (fan oven 160ļC, gas mark 4) and line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Cream together the margarine and sweetener until light and fluffy and then add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again. Add the salt, flour and lemon zest. Stir together until you have a smooth dough.
- Place tablespoons of the dough on to the baking sheets, spaced well apart and shape each one into a round. Press the blueberries into the top of the cookies and bake for 12-15 mins, until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Weight Watchers points per recipe: 16 Ĺ
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 83(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.