Leeks with chestnuts and bacon
This very quick and simple recipe will make dinner super speedy if you're tired from work or from running round after the kids all day. It's cheap too!
- 400g of leeks sliced
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g smoked streaky bacon lardons
- 200g chestnuts roughly chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a medium sized frying pan and add the butter and bacon. Cook until the bacon starts to release some fat, turn up the heat and cook for about 5 minutes, until the bacon starts to colour.
- Add the chestnuts and leeks. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and plenty of black pepper and serve.