Spiced roast potatoes
A dash of mild curry paste and a squeeze of lemon is just the thing to give plain potatoes a little zing in this easy recipe.
- 2kg (4lb 8oz) potatoes, halved
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 4tbsp vegetable oil
- 2tbsp mild curry paste
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1tbsp plain flour
- Half a bulb of garlic, broken into cloves
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5. Cook the potatoes and whole lemon in boiling water for ten minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Place the oil in a roasting tin and put in the oven to heat up. Mix together the mild curry paste, half the coriander and flour.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and toss in the spiced marinade. Pierce the lemon and squeeze the juice over the potatoes. Mix the garlic cloves with the potatoes.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven, carefully add the potatoes and coat them in the hot oil. Roast for 25-30 mins until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining coriander before serving.