James Martin's chocolate pudding
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
James Martin's chocolate pudding is a really simple recipe with delicious and gooey results, making the perfect mid-week treat. It is an easy pudding to make and should be served with the chocolate sauce and a dollop of cream.
- Put the softened butter, caster sugar and self-raising flour in a mixing bowl with the sieved cocoa powder and beaten eggs. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Drain, stone and mash the prunes.
- Add the prunes to the pudding mixture and combine thoroughly. Smooth the mixture into a 1-litre ovenproof dish.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and muscovado sugar into the evaporated milk. Pour all the sauce over the pudding mixture and bake for 30-35 mins at 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 until firm on top.
- Serve warm dusted with icing sugar, with cream or Greek yoghurt.
Per 135g serving: 391 calories (1639kJs), 44.1g carbohydrates, 8.5g protein, 20.2g fat, 2.6g fibre www.cannedfood.co.uk
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 391(kcal)
- Fat 20.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.