- 100g (3½oz) spaghetti
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 2tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, plus a few for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
It helps to use a non-stick frying pan to make sure that the frittata will slide out easily.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 8-12 mins, or as directed on packet, until it's just tender, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small frying pan and add the bacon. Cook it over a medium heat for 4-5 mins, until it's just starting to brown. Add the spring onion to the pan and cook for a further 1-2 mins.
- Lightly beat together the eggs, crème fraîche, mustard, chopped chives and seasoning.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the pan and mix well with the bacon and onion, then pour the egg mixture over. Cover the pan and cook over a low-to-medium heat for about 10-15 mins, or until the egg has set.
- Turn out the frittata on to a plate and serve it hot, warm or cold, cut into wedges. (Not suitable for freezing).
Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 255(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.