Coconut macaroni pudding
Pasta isn't just for savoury recipes - this is a twist on an old-fashioned classic with fresh raspberries and icing sugar.
- 200g (7oz) macaroni
- 4-5 lime leaves
- 400g can coconut milk
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
- Frozen raspberries, defrosted, to decorate
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water for about 10-12 mins or as directed on the packet, until it's just tender. Drain well and tip it into a gratin dish. Scatter the lime leaves evenly over the dish, partly covering them with macaroni.
- Lightly beat together the coconut milk, milk, eggs and sugar, then pour this mixture over the macaroni.
- Place dish in the centre of oven and bake for 30-40 mins, or until just set in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and decorate with the raspberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve straight away. (Not suitable for freezing).
Note that calorie and fat values are for the maximum number of servings stated.Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 322(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.