Chinese stir-fried beef noodles
Skill level: Easy peasy
Ready in less than half an hour, this noodle dish is full of flavour from ginger and chilli to garlic and spring onions.
- 450g (1lb) lean beef mince
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- 2tsp chilli sauce
- 4tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 x 5cm/2inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1-2tbsp sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 150g packs of cooked noodles
- 1 x 120g sachet sweet soy and roasted red chilli stir-fry sauce (or one of your choice)
- Finely shredded fresh spring onions and chilli peppers, to garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the mince, soy and chilli sauce, sherry or rice wine, ginger and garlic together.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick wok or large frying pan. Add the beef and stir-fry for 5-10 mins until brown. Add the spring onions, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry sauce. Heat through for 2-3 mins tossing occasionally.
- Garnish with the spring onions and chillies before serving.