Caramel pecan sundaes
For the sauce:
- (serves 4 -6)
- 60g (2oz) soft light brown sugar
- 6tbsp double cream
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 4 - 6 small scoops of vanilla ice cream
- A few toasted pecan nuts
- 2 sundae glasses
Sunshine Williams, 41, suggests saving calories for dessert by saying no to bread as a starter. If you do, at least skip the high-cal butter.
- To make the sauce, put the sugar, cream, vanilla and butter in a small pan over a low heat. Stir well; bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes, or until syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Put scoops of ice cream into chilled sundae glasses. Drizzle some sauce over, sprinkle with toasted pecans. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional values are for maximum number of servings Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 660(kcal)
- Fat 44.0g
- Saturates 26.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.