Salmon and mushroom pancakes
- 30g(1oz) butter
- 150-200g (5-7oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 265-300g packet salmon fillets, cubed
- 1-2 level tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 170ml jar Hollandaise sauce e.g. Mary Berry
- 3-4 pancakes (use our classic pancake recipe)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Ovenproof gratin dish, buttered
If your Hollandaise sauce separates, place a teaspoon of boiling water in a clean bowl and gradually whisk in the curdled sauce.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until they soften. Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins, turning until it's cooked, but taking care not to overcook, or stir it too much, otherwise it will start to break down. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir the dill into the jar of Hollandaise sauce, then add about ¾ of sauce to the pan and stir lightly to coat the fish.
- Lay the pancakes flat on the work surface and spoon some salmon mixture down the centre of each. Grind some black pepper over the top and then fold each side of the pancakes to the centre, overlapping them. Carefully lift the pancakes and place them in the gratin dish. Spread the remaining Hollandaise sauce over the top.
- Bake the pancakes for about 10-15 mins, or until they are hot. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with salad. (Not suitable for freezing.)
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 541(kcal)
- Fat 49.0g
- Saturates 26.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.