Lamb kebabs in pittas
- 150g carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g (14oz) lean loin of lamb fillets (2 fillets), trimmed of fat and tendons (375g weight when trimmed), each loin halved lengthways then cut into 6
- 4 white pitta breads
- 4 handfuls shredded lettuce, a few slivers of red onion and cucumber
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 4 large or 8 small metal skewers
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon suggests adding a tablespoon of mint sauce to the yogurt if you don't have fresh mint.
- Mix the yogurt and mint in a large bowl. Take out 4tbsp of the mixture and put in a smaller bowl for serving with the kebabs.
- Stir the cumin and seasoning into the large bowl with the diced lamb and mix to coat well. Leave to marinate for a couple of hours, if you have time.
- Set the grill/heat a griddle pan to medium-hot. Thread the meat on to 4 or 8 skewers. Grill the kebabs for about 3 mins on each side, or until lamb is just cooked through.
- Warm the pittas under the grill/on the griddle. Split them open. Stuff the pitta with some salad. Serve with the kebabs, and lemon wedges, if liked. Have the bowl of reserved mint-flavoured yogurt ready for spooning over. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 351(kcal)
- Fat 8.5g
- Saturates 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.