Steak in red wine sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Quick and easy, this delicious steak in a red wine sauce with shallots is a great dinner party recipe to impress friends and family.
- 2 sirloin steaks
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 175ml red wine
- 175ml beef stock
- 1½ tbsp paprika
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp caster sugar
Serve the steaks with fresh green beans and new potatoes.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a little oil in a hot pan and fry the steaks for 3 mins on each side. Set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the shallots until they begin to brown.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, let it bubble for a minute, and then add the red wine, beef stock, paprika, thyme and sugar. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes until thickened slightly.
- Serve the steaks with the red wine sauce and vegetables.