Cadbury Creme Egg chocolate pancakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Get all 'gooey' this Easter and make these rich, delicious chocolate pancakes using classic Cadbury Crème Eggs. So more-ish...
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 3 Cadbury Creme eggs
- 225ml milk, plus an extra 10ml (2tsp)
- 75g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tbsp (15ml) sunflower oil
- Carefully cut the creme eggs in half down the seam and pull apart. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the 'goo' and place in a small saucepan (or place the 'goo' in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on high power for 10-20 secs depending on microwave rating).
- Break the milk chocolate shells into pieces, then place in a small bowl with 125ml of the milk. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate and milk has melted together. Allow to cool slightly.
- To make the pancakes, place the flour in a bowl, with the egg and remaining milk and chocolate milk, whisk together to form a batter.
- Dip a piece of rolled up kitchen paper into the oil and rub over an 18cm pancake or crepe pan, then heat over a moderate heat. Pour 2-3 tbsp of the chocolate batter into the pan, tilting it so that the batter covers the base thinly and evenly.
- Cook for about 1 min, or until the pancake is set and coloured underneath. Loosen the edges with a palette knife then either turn the pancake over or toss. Cook the second side for about 30 secs, or until just set.
- Slide the pancake onto a plate, cover with baking parchment or foil and keep warm. Use the oil to cook the remaining batter in the same way, to make another 7 pancakes. Add each one to the warm plate, layering with baking parchment.
- Place the pan with the 'goo' over a moderate heat with the 10ml of milk, until melted. Try not to stir the mixture, just gently shake the pan. To serve, fold the pancakes into triangles and drizzle the 'goo' sauce over the top.
Download the ultimate guide to pancakes in time for Shrove Tuesday on February 17th 2015. In our four-page mini magazine, you’ll get our foolproof step-by-step pancake recipe, twists and filling ideas, tips on what to do if it’s all gone wrong and inventive ways to serve your pancakes! Download it here.