Roasted vegetable macaroni
Cook's tip: Vary the vegetables used in the recipe to match what you have in the fridge - peppers, carrots and leeks will all work well. And make sure the stock is very hot otherwise the pasta will take longer to cook.
- 2 large courgettes, diced
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g small macaroni or other small pasta shape such as conchigliette
- 500g jar Dolmio original sauce for bolognese
- 1 ltr hot vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7). Toss together the diced vegetables and olive oil and tip into a large baking dish. Roast for 15 mins until softened and golden.
- Lower the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Stir the pasta, sauce and stock into the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins or so, until the pasta is tender.
- Serve at the table directly from the baking dish.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.