Maltesers rocky road bars
Cooking time:(plus 30 mins chilling time)
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
These Maltesers rocky road bars are really simple to make and perfect if you're a fan of Maltesers. Made with dark chocolate, mini marshmallows, Digestive biscuits and Maltesers, these rocky road bars are the perfect sweet treat for the whole family to enjoy. It can be made days in advance, so it could be a convenient if you have a kidsí party coming up and you donít want to leave everything until the last second. It will only take you 15mins to prepare this quick rocky road recipe, but donít forget you also need to let the rocky road bars set. If you want to make sure you burn at least a little bit of it off, why not take this naughty treat on a picnic or a walk? This recipe makes 12 bars, so you will have hopefully have enough for more than one day Ė that is if no one is feeling particularly greedy! If you want to be a generous human being, then these Maltesers rocky road bars would also work perfectly as a lovely homemade food gift wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with a bow.
Gordon Ramsay suggests melting chocolate by breaking it up and putting it in the microwave on a low or defrost setting for a few minutes - just stir halfway through.
- 175g pouch Maltesers
- 250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 50g butter
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 60g baby marshmallows
- Icing sugar to dust over
- Line a 22cm-square tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl over boiling water until it has completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- Set this aside to cool for at least 10 mins whilst you get the rest of the ingredients ready. It's important that the chocolate isn't too hot when it is combined with the other ingredients or it could melt the Maltesers and marshmallows and take the 'rocky' out of this recipe!
- Next, bash up the biscuits in a plastic bag until you have a good mixture of chunks and powder.
- Finally, add the crushed biscuits, marshmallows and Maltesers to the mixture and fold with a spoon until all are lightly coated in chocolate.
- Pour into the tin to refrigerate for at least 30 mins. Sieve over a generous dusting of icing sugar.
- Cut into slices before serving.
Why not try our classic Rocky Road recipe?
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.