- 4 peppers, mixed colours, deseeded
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp chipotle paste e.g. Discovery
- 60g (2oz) wild rocket
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 8 soft flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 tub ready-made tomato salsa (or make your own - see Sue's tip, right)
- Guacamole (see Sue's tip, right)
- Small tub sour cream
- 60g (2oz) grated Cheddar cheese
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: For the guacamole, mash 1 ripe avocado with the juice of half a lemon or a 1 lime and season well. For a homemade salsa, finely chop 1 small onion and 2 ripe tomatoes and add some chopped parsley, seasoning and a little oil and vinegar.
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Cut peppers into strips and the courgettes into sticks or rings. Mix in a large roasting tin with the onion, the cumin seeds, oil and the chipotle paste.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-25 mins, until slightly charred.
- Add rocket and seasoning to taste and mix until just combined. Squeeze in the juice from 2 of the lime wedges. Take pan to the table or transfer to a hot dish.
- Serve with warm tortillas and the rest of the lime wedges, and the tomato salsa, guacamole, sour cream and grated Cheddar cheese. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 554(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.